MEDICINES AND HERBS THAT CAUSE BLEEDING
DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FOR 2 WEEKS BEFORE AND 1 WEEK AFTER SURGERY. EVEN ONE PILL DURING THE 2-WEEK PERIOD IS ENOUGH TO CAUSE BLEEDING DURING SURGERY!
- Do not take prescription medications to thin the blood. (These are usually stopped 3-4 days prior to surgery. Ask your doctor first before stopping these).
- Coumadin, Heparin, Plavix, Lovenox, Persantine
- Do not take medications that relieve pain due to headache, arthritis, menstrual cramps, muscle soreness, etc or cold medications.
- aspirin, advil, ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, midol, pamprin
- Do not take herbal supplements and vitamins:
- more common: vitamin E, fish oil, flax seed oil, alpha lipoic acid, echinacea, garlic supplemens, gingko biloba, st. john’s wort,
- less common: bilberry, cayenne, dong quai, feverfew, ginger, ginseng, hawthorne, kava kava, licorice root, ma huang, red clover, valerian, yohimbe
Tylenol, Extra Strength Tylenol, Tylenol Migraine or Tylenol PM are OK.
Vitamins A, B, C, and D are okay, as are Benadryl, Sudafed, calcium and magnesium.
Please check with your primary care physician, internist or cardiologist prior to stopping any medications.
Please ask us if you have any questions or are taking any medications or supplements not mentioned above.
“Thank you for giving me hope with my face and being the compassionate doctor you are. What you are doing means so much to me.”S.P. patient from Encino, California, mini facelift
“Thank you, Dr. Hoenig for your finesse in enhancing my lips this morning. They look very natural and seem perfectly proportioned to my face. I am so happy! You always know the right thing to do. xoxo, ”M.F. restylane lip enhancement, from Porter Ranch, CA
“Dear Dr. Hoenig, Every morning when I wake up, I am cheered by the younger, more vibrant self who greets me in the mirror. I feel lucky, not just to be more attractive, but also it seems to be gifted with some extra time on this earth! You do wonderful work! Thank you!”E.M. patient from Oxnard, facelift and fat transfer
“Thank you for “working your magic” on my neck and for making the entire experience so much easier than I had anticipated! I truly appreciate your patience and ongoing follow up – it is very reassuring! I am so excited to see the end result!”L.T. patient from Long Beach, necklift and mini facelift
“Thank you for your generosity. No one would have done what you did for me and I am overwhelmed with gratitude and admiration for you and your work. You’re the Best! Always,"Jane from Camarillo, California for necklift, chin augmentation, botox, fillers